Sunday, November 25, 2018

Final Reflections


I have learnt from this module that I have gained more knowledge on how to write a formal report, for example, in the current formal report, there must not only be the background information of the product, there must also be both a problem statement and a purpose statement to link the background information of the product to our proposed solution and a methodology section must be present to explain to readers on how we did our research. I have also learnt that in a presentation there are certain habits to avoid or perform to achieve a spectacular presentation. For example; I should stand at a certain angle to the screen whereby I could refer to the slides to check if I am missing out on any critical information and to maintain eye contact with all the audience in the room.

I am in the community member for the showcase and I have learnt from watching NoticeU Technology what a good report or presentation looks like. Their presentation skills were superb, and they were able to capture the audience’s attention. Their presentation was also thorough; they thought about the limitations of both their current product and proposed idea and ensure that there are no loop holes. I was also shocked by the completeness of their presentation and that the judges wanted that idea to be materialized. I was put in charge of both backstage and the video camera in the showcase. From it, I learnt that good planning will ensure smooth flowing operations.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a million for this final reflection, Sean. I appreciate your effort with this assignment, the hard work with the showcase and your good cheer with the module in general. Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete